I got sick of MY BULLSHIT!
Hi Ladies! I hop your first week is going well.
The picture is from a wedding rehearsal dinner in September 2015. This marks the time I got sick of my own bullshit and decided to join the Cuts & Gainz challenge in October. It's been a year and half on Fighter Diet and I am now 69 lbs leaner with a lot more muscle!
Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, I grew up playing sports and being active. However, I was always overweight and had a hard time keeping up with my friends. I love food, my family is Italian, and nobody ever taught me how to eat for success.
Since college, I have tried every fad diet, went through several personal trainers/nutritionists, and experimented with many training styles. Nothing really worked for me. I then fell in love with CrossFit and did that for 3 years. I was good at it and I could lift a lot of weight, but my body wasn’t changing the way I wanted (felt bulky).
On month 2 of my first FD challenge, my body changed drastically and I have never looked back. is the only plan that works for me and I enjoy following it each day.
Here are a few tips wish I had known sooner in my journey:
• You have to be consistent if you want to see change.
• If you can’t do something, keep practicing. The stronger you get on other lifts/movements, the more it will help you tackle the one that challenges you the most.
• Experiment with food preparation. Be creative. Sometimes you dislike a food because you haven’t figured out how to prepare it in a way that appeases you.
• Don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep meal preparation simple. Don’t fuss about getting to the gym–just GO.
• Make your health and fitness a priority. Sometimes that means telling people NO or rearranging your schedule/social life in order to get things done.
Good luck everyone! - Dana Jarvis
Join a Fighter Det Challenge, a new one/s start every 3 months!
Tori Riegler gained confidence, self esteem and lost 24lbs!