“Why don’t I lose weight when I count my calories every day with a tracker and my workouts too?
I calculate my workout expenditure and then go by ‘in and out’ in expense vs intake. I also train 2 hours a day. But weight won’t budge..
1. The concept of in and out on paper looks great but it doesn’t work that well in real life. One reason is down regulation by your body so when you eat less you burn less, when you train and lose weight your overall metabolism decreases and adapts.
2. Human error. You simply forget some snacks, some add-ons, how consistent you are etc.
3. Your lean mass is low so your metabolism is slower than you wish.
4. You go by heart rate only to estimate your expenditure. Well, if you’re jacked up on caffeine and sitting still you can have a high heart rate, does that mean you’ll burn lots of calories?.. Nope.
5. Your food choices are right “calorie wise” but they’re not nutritious or they’re spiking your insulin too much, are too low in protein etc.
I always recommend following a plan consistently when you want to get lean. The pick and choose and calculate as you go is just very fruitless in 99 out of 100 cases.